Video Game Addiction Therapy Groups
VIDEO GAME ADDICTION in Maryland (MD)
The current DSM doesn't recognize video game addiction as a diagnosable addiction. But the patterns of behavior can make parenting a kid or teen who's video gaming difficult.
Get help form a Therapy Group in Maryland (MD) with a teen or child who's patterns of behavior of include:
1) Craving more game time, no matter how much they've already played.
2) Chronic dry eyes.
3) Friends stop calling and coming by to hang out.
4) No shower or change of clothes for days.
5) Gets upset if someone suggests they might have a problem with video games.
6) Rarely leaves the house because they feel like they're missing out on something that might be happening in the video games.
7) Spends entire allowance on video game hardware and software.
8) Lies to parents about how often they play games or video games.
9) Skips doing chores to keep video gaming.
10) When not at the computer, they're irritable and snappy.
For more lots more on on video game addiction, see Unplugged - a video game addiction blog
Maryland (MD) Support Groups and Group Therapy
Group therapy takes many forms. The groups are variously referred to (often interchangeably) as Maryland (MD) counseling groups, Maryland (MD) support groups, Maryland (MD) mutual support groups or peer support groups, self help groups, stress coping groups, workshops and mental health groups. They are moderated by a professional group counselor, group therapist or group psychologist and generally focus on a specific issue or client profile (e.g. men or women etc).
Before joining a Maryland (MD) support group, first see if the issue focus is consistent with your needs. If there are no groups offering support around your issue, feel free to contact these professionals in Maryland (MD) to ask for a referral to alternative groups nearby.